Things to do in Paris France
Who says Paris is all about spending your days in dusty museums? Paris has much more to offer to the discerning and demands that you go out and explore it to discover amazing new experiences to make the most of this wonderfully amazing city.
- Explore Paris by Night: Just when the tired tourists are calling it a day and dragging their weary limbs back to the hotel, the savvy traveler is freshening up for a jaunt out to discover Paris by Night. In the dark, the city takes on a different aura as all of its major attractions spring to life in a beautiful orange hue. Not to be missed are the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysees and the Opera.
- Indulge your taste buds: The famous French Cuisine abounds in the French Capital but the truly exceptional names are few. If your pockets are deep, you can dine with the movers and shakers at a Michelin Star restaurant but even budget eaters can find some excellent bistros offering up gastronomical delights.
- All the World is a Stage: and nothing lights up a stage like a cabaret show! You can go all and opt for a combination dinner theatre and watch rows and rows of dancers cavorting with faultless synchronization. The most famous of the Paris cabarets continue to be Moulin Rouge and the Lido Show.
- Let loose your artistic fervor: Perhaps no other city in the world has as much to offer the art lover as Paris alone can. With its plethora of outstanding museums, you will be spoilt for choice, with the Louvre alone offering more than enough to take up your whole weekend. Brave the throngs making their way to the Mona Lisa and once past them, you could savor the magnificence of the works housed here in the endless hallways stretching the length and breadth of the museum.
- Discover the Parisian 'Jardins': While it is not on most people’s things to do in Paris, the city has wonderful gardens spread across its centre for the weary tourist to take a respite from his day’s travels. While several of them have exceptional landscaping merits, many others are perfectly positioned for enjoying a picnic in while admiring your favorite Parisian landmark.
- Take a Literary Tour of Paris: Apart from the very obvious Notre Dame Cathedral where Victor Hugo’s Hunchback of Notre Dame was set, Paris also has unknown thrills on offer for the literary fans. Home and muse to several literary giants over time, you will be awed at the number of monuments, restaurants, plaques and streets paying homage to famous authors, once you start paying attention.
- Take a River Cruise: The Siene snakes its way across the length of Paris and clichéd as it may sound, a cruise on the Siene may well be one of your most defining experiences in Paris. So do the touristy thing for once and hop onto a boat – it is one of the most important things to do in Paris!
- Shop, Shop, Shop: Paris after all ranks among the top fashion capitals of the world and this is the place to buy yourself a Chanel original or the latest Vitton handbag. If your pockets don’t run that deep, join everyone else thronging Champs-Elysees to get a look at the biggest luxury shops in the world.